The SCCM client installation fails with below error shown in ccmsetup.log file.
Failed to get DP locations as the expected version from MP ‘http://server1.techuisitive.com’. Error 0x87d00215
The below command line was used for the client installation.
ccmsetup.exe /SMSSITECODE = P01
The above error indicates that a new version of client installation source was required. However a distribution point could not be located.
Perform the following checks.
- Check if client subnet / AD Site is added in SCCM boundary.
- Check if IP Subnet / AD Site is associated with any boundary group.
- Check if respective boundary group is associated with a Distribution Point.
- MECM OSD – PXE Troubleshooting
- PXE-E99: Unexpected network error – SCCM OSD
- Configuration Manager OSD task sequence fails with error code 0x80004005
- MECM OSD Task Sequence Failed with Error 0x80072EE7
- SCCM Software Distribution Troubleshooting