The Enrollment Status Page (ESP) shows the progress of device provisioning when a new device enrolled to Intune or a new user sign in to the device. You can show ESP during the default out-of-box experience (OOBE) for Azure AD join, Windows Autopilot scenarios or when new user sign into the device for the first time.
In this article, we will create a new Enrollment Status Page profile for Windows Autopilot devices.
Create new ESP profile
In Microsoft Endpoint Manager console, select Device> Windows > Windows enrollment > Enrollment Status Page
In the Enrollment Status Page screen, click on Create
In Create Profile – Basics page, enter basic information such as Name, Description and click on Next.
In Create profile – Settings page, configure the following settings:
- Show app and profile configuration progress:
- No: Select this option if you don’t want to show the Enrollment Status Page to users during device setup.
- Yes: Select this option if you want to show the Enrollment Status Page to users during device setup.
Once you select Yes in previous screen, the all available settings for ESP will be visible.
The following settings are available in ESP settings page.
- Show an error when installation takes longer than specified number of minutes: The default time-out is 60 minutes. You can increase this time if application which are to be installed during enrollment take more time.
- Show custom message when time limit or error occur: Add a custom message which you want to show to the uesr. This may include contact information if they need any help during Autopilot deployment.
- Turn on log collection and diagnostics page for end users: Turning on this option will help in troubleshooting the issue.
- Only show page to devices provisioned by out-of-box experience (OOBE): Select No if you want to show enrollment status page to all Intune-managed and co-managed devices that go through the out-of-box experience (OOBE), and to the first user that signs in to each device. Select Yes if you want to show the enrollment status page to only those devices that go through the out-of-box experience (OOBE).
- Block device use until all apps and profiles are installed: Select No if you want to allow user to leave ESP before configuration finished. Select Yes if you don;t want to allow user until device configuration is not completed.
- Allow users to reset device if installation error occurs: Select Yes if you want to allow user to reset the device when installation fails.
- Allow users to use device if installation error occurs: The ESP gives users the option to bypass the ESP and use their device when an installation fails. Select Yes if you want to allow. Else, select No.
- Block device use until these required apps are installed if they are assigned to the user/device: This option will restrict device usage until all mandatory applications are installed. You can go for all or selected apps.
In the Assignments page, click on Add groups and select the group where you want to deploy this Enrollment Status Page profile. Review the group name and then click on Next.
Leave default settings in Scope tags page and click on Next.
In Review + create page, review the settings and click on Create.
The Enrollment Status Page profile is now created and you can see the same in Enrollment Status Page profile list.
The next time when you provision a Windows device using Autopilot, this ESP profile will be visible.