Using provisioning package device failed to complete AAD Join. The issue can also be tracked under Audit Logs in Azure.
You will get entry of the device that you are trying to onboard , looking at the Azure audit logs it shows that the device gets added and then gets removed immediately.
DeviceAADJoin’ failed with ‘0xCAA2000C’ at CSP node ‘AADJ/BPRT’. Provisioning failed can also be seen in Event Viewer.
Workaround for Error 0xCAA2000C
While there could be multiple issues related to 0xCAA2000C , the one that worked for me was to exclude MFA for Intune Enrollment. After I created a Conditional Access Policy to exclude Intune Enrollment for MFA I could see device successfully getting joined to Azure AD using Provision Package.
- Win32 App Deployment failed with error code 0x80070643
- Win32 App Deployment Failed with Error 0x87D1041C
- Win32 App Deployment failed with error 0x87D300C9
- Win32 App failed with error code 0x80070653
- That account info didn’t work – error when disconnecting Windows 10 / 11 Work or School account
- Intune – Windows 10 MDM- Basic troubleshooting
- Deploying Microsoft 365 Apps Stuck in Downloading in Company Portal
- Windows 10 / 11 Operating System Build Versions
- MDM Enroll: Device Credential, Failed (Unknown Win32 Error code : 0xcaa9001f
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager: Error Code Reference
- Intune Bulk Enrollment with Provisional Package failed Error 0xCAA2000C
Subscribe to Techuisitive Newsletter
Be the first to know about our new blog posts. Get our newsletters directly in your inbox and stay up to date about Modern Desktop Management technologies & news.