The Win32 app deployment may fail with error code 0x80070643 in Microsoft Intune. The error 0x80070643 translates to Fatal Error During Installation and there can be many reasons behind this error.
Issue – Error 0x80070643
The Win32 App deployment may fail with following error in Microsoft Endpoint Manager / Intune.
Error code: 0x80070643
Fatal error during installation
A Microsoft Windows Installer failure occurred. Enable Windows Installer verbose logging. Then retry the installation to capture error details.
The deployment error can be checked from Microsoft Endpoint Manager Admin Center / Apps / Windows Apps blade.
Why Error 0x80070643 – Fatal Error During Installation Reported
You may receive this error message in any of below conditions:
- The folder that you are trying to install the Windows Installer package to is encrypted.
- The drive that contains the folder that you are trying to install the Windows Installer package to is accessed as a substitute drive.
- The drive that contains the folder that you are trying to install the Windows Installer package to is a CD / DVD drive.
- Windows Installer is attempting to install an app that is already installed on your PC.
- The SYSTEM account does not have Full Control permissions on the folder that you are trying to install the Windows Installer package to. You notice the error message because the Windows Installer service uses the SYSTEM account to install software.
- Unknown Cause: Check Verbose logging
To resolve the issue, you need to do any of the following depending on the cause of the problem:
- Install the package to a drive that is not a CD/DVD drive or not accessed as a substitute drive.
- Install the package to a folder that is not encrypted.
- Check if the app is already installed on the PC. If so, uninstall and reinstall the app.
- Grant full control permission to the SYSTEM account on target folder where you are trying to install application.
The error 0x80070643 is a generic error and it may not give you sufficient details to troubleshoot the issue. There can be different issues behind this error.
Microsoft installer handles the installation through MSIExec.exe. The logging option offered by this tool allow you to capture detailed information about installation in a log file. The most used logging command line option is /L*V.
Here is a complete MSI command line.
msiexec /i <MSI PATH> /L*V <LOG FILE>
msiexec /i “C:\Temp\App1.msi” /L*V “C:\log\App1.log”
We have captured the details from different scenarios when we encountered Fatal Error issue during application installation.
The target folder was a CD/ DVD Drive
The Winzip installation was failed with error 0x80070643. The below command line was used.
msiexec /i winzip260-64.msi /qn INSTALLDIR=”D:\Program Files\WinZip26″ ALLUSERS=1
By looking into IntuneManagementExtension.log , you can understand that command line is trying to install the application in D: drive and then failed with1603 error. We looked into problematic computer and found that Hard Disk have only one partition and D: drive letter was assigned to a CD / DVD drive and this was the reason behind failure.
- Win32 App Deployment failed with error code 0x80070643
- Win32 App Deployment Failed with Error 0x87D1041C
- Win32 App Deployment failed with error 0x87D300C9
- Win32 App failed with error code 0x80070653
- That account info didn’t work – error when disconnecting Windows 10 / 11 Work or School account
- Intune – Windows 10 MDM- Basic troubleshooting
- Deploying Microsoft 365 Apps Stuck in Downloading in Company Portal
- Windows 10 / 11 Operating System Build Versions
- MDM Enroll: Device Credential, Failed (Unknown Win32 Error code : 0xcaa9001f
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager: Error Code Reference
- Intune Bulk Enrollment with Provisional Package failed Error 0xCAA2000C
Subscribe to Techuisitive Newsletter
Be the first to know about our new blog posts. Get our newsletters directly in your inbox and stay up to date about Modern Desktop Management technologies & news.