You may encounter below error when try to disconnect Work or School account on Windows 10 / 11. The issue keep happening with different local administrator accounts as well.
Error: That account info didn’t work. Make sure you’re entering info for a local administrator account and try again.
This issue may happen if the netbios name of computer is more than 15 characters in length (e.g. : PC-12340000000000000016). in our case, the machine was enrolled to Azure AD using provisioning package and a long netbios name was automatically assgined to the computer. The machine name was auto generated based on serial number. It was a virtual machine and serial number was longer.
Rename the computer and keep the netbios name with in 15 character. Reboot the machine and then try to disconnect the machine from Azure AD again.
In our case, the machine was successfully disconnected from Azure AD after reducing netbios name length with in 15 character.
- Win32 App Deployment failed with error code 0x80070643
- Win32 App Deployment Failed with Error 0x87D1041C
- Win32 App Deployment failed with error 0x87D300C9
- Win32 App failed with error code 0x80070653
- That account info didn’t work – error when disconnecting Windows 10 / 11 Work or School account
- Intune – Windows 10 MDM- Basic troubleshooting
- Deploying Microsoft 365 Apps Stuck in Downloading in Company Portal
- Windows 10 / 11 Operating System Build Versions
- MDM Enroll: Device Credential, Failed (Unknown Win32 Error code : 0xcaa9001f
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager: Error Code Reference
- Intune Bulk Enrollment with Provisional Package failed Error 0xCAA2000C
Subscribe to Techuisitive Newsletter
Be the first to know about our new blog posts. Get our newsletters directly in your inbox and stay up to date about Modern Desktop Management technologies & news.