Microsoft Intune Win32 application deployment failed with error code 0x80070653
Error Code : 0x80070653
Error Description: This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.
0x80070653 ( Decimal1619 ) is a Windows Installer error code that translate to ERROR_INSTALL_PACKAGE_OPEN_FAILED . It means “This installation package could not be opened.”
There can be various reason for this error. You need to validate following things.
- Validate if package (installer) exists at the path you provided in command line.
- Validate if command line file name / path is correct. If path is not correct then Windows installer will not be able to find the file and report this error.
- Validate if command line parameters (arguments) are correct.
- Validate if the installation file is not corrupt. Try to install the package manually without silent switch.
- Win32 App Deployment failed with error code 0x80070643
- Win32 App Deployment Failed with Error 0x87D1041C
- Win32 App Deployment failed with error 0x87D300C9
- Win32 App failed with error code 0x80070653
- That account info didn’t work – error when disconnecting Windows 10 / 11 Work or School account
- Intune – Windows 10 MDM- Basic troubleshooting
- Deploying Microsoft 365 Apps Stuck in Downloading in Company Portal
- Windows 10 / 11 Operating System Build Versions
Subscribe to Techuisitive Newsletter
Be the first to know about our new blog posts, Get our newsletter directly in your inbox and stay up to date about Modern Desktop Management technologies and news.